Sunday, August 13, 2006

ArkFam cries foul about censorship!?!



For those of you who don't already know, ArkFam is the Christofascist website hosted by non-Arkansans about Arkansas politics. Let me begin by saying that I am all for free speech and I want these folks to be able to spew all the propaganda they can muster. I must, however, call them on the hypocrisy of railing against the Arktimes site for censorship when ArkFam has the same vile practice in play. I have personal experience with this since my posts are deleted from the log on a regular basis over at ArkFam, even the ones with no colorful language.
One of my favorite tactics of the ArkFam site, of late, is their tendency to use half of a news story or to just outright trick it up. They are prone to misquote, defame, lie, and just plain misrepresent the facts. All of this is fair game of course but I must point out the hypocrisy of a propaganda site calling a news site (however skewed it may be, they do post actual news) censors. I must be bored to even be writing a story about a group of people that are this irrelevant but I felt that someone should take them to task. They have been in quite a frenzy here lately with their trumped up stories, mostly centering around the secret conspiracy of homosexuals to take over the world. Not one of the writers or regulars over there has been able to explain to me where all the hate comes from. Maybe they were beaten as children or ridiculed in gym class or something. We will probably never know...

HERE IS THE LINK TO THEIR SITE:
http://www.arkfam.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROB,

Have you redecorated? Looks nice. The content is debateble, and that is what brings me here.

You are still up for the ID-Evo debate with Deathrow on the 25th, right?

If so let me know and I will but an "ad " thread up for it.

rob_star said...

indeed

Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

RS, where are you? the debate is on at AW right now!

Mark Moore (Moderator) said...

Not a bad show. What do you want to debate about next Friday?

rob_star said...

I don't know but I'll put some thought into it and get back with you. Maybe the shortcomings of trickle down economics?