Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Asa's Hit and Run with Bush


By the grace of God, Boeing, and all that is holy, we got a visit from the sitting President of the United States today. Why, you ask, is he in beautiful West Little Rock today? Is he here to tell someone what to do with all those fucking trailers? Is he here to tell us that he is going to reinstate the funding he took from higher education? I know you'll be baffled to find out that neither is the case. He is here to raise campaign cash for the soon to be strapped Asa Hutchinson. With Bush's approval rating of 35% here in the state of Arkansas, the event was as closed door as possible with the main event going down in the huge mansion of former Razorback and NBA great, Joe Kleine. $500.00 per plate barbecue is not how I like to spend my afternoons but at least a few people did just that today. I am sure that all the ails of the world were best put on hold today so former NARC and part time douche bag, Asa Hutchinson, could afford to sling mud at Mike Beebe. On a more sinister note, Karl Rove was with the president today. I knew I felt the force of the dark side today, around lunch time. I don't know about you but the sight of Karl Rove just makes me sick. Enough....

If this event doesn't generate more cash than the Clinton fundraiser, Asa's done. Already lagging far behind in the money department, Asa can't withstand being doubled or tripled up by the Clinton gig that is soon to follow. I know there have been some wacky polls lately on this race but if you cut out all the suspect polls and average the rest, Beebe is still ahead 8 points. It is getting down to crunch time in this race and I don't think Asa can afford to continue losing in the money department and not get crushed in the ad blitz that is sure to come. Mark my words, if this event gets doubled up by the Clinton fundraiser, this one is OVER.

No comments: