Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Fucking Idiots


I have been silent of late for many reasons too plentiful to list but including laziness and complacency(we did win, or did we?). Not to break the silence on a sour note but I noticed over the last couple of days that a growing contingency of anti-war protestors are actually protesting against the troops. What the fuck are these people thinking? It is one thing to burn an effigy of George W. Bush in protest but quite another to burn a fake Army Ranger. I take personal offense to this stupidity, as my father was a Ranger/Green Beret in the Vietnam war. I am personally against this occupation of Iraq because there is nothing left for us to gain but to try and soil the reputation of our fighting men and women is stepping over the line as far as I am concerned. Where does one get the balls or lack thereof to criticize the volunteer army that we have put together?


I understand the right to free expression and I celebrate its rough character but dragging a fake corpse of a soldier behind you is just plain devicive and makes all liberals look like assholes while undermining the entire credibility of the anti-war movement. Good, free thinking liberals like myself cringe when presented images like the one above. I am not telling you to quit marching, I'm just saying quit looking like a bunch of pansy ass pacifists while doing it!


Enough of the burning of soldier effigies you fucking assholes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob, I'm a fellow Progressive blogger writing about a political issue affecting Arkansas that is unrelated to this post. May I have permission to email you? (If yes, I may, I can be reached at mike AT chicagocarless DOT com). Thank you.

Anonymous said...

robby,
you use that "F" word too freely...

Deathrow Bodine said...

Nice post Hunter S. ---

It is good to see you around. I am happy to be able to say I agree with you on this one.